Quick Guidelines of Industrial Electric HT Motor
- Check for the proper fixing motor on the foundation.
- Check that the motor can be easily turned over by hand.
- Check motor winding resistance on each phase; verify that they are equal.
- IR value and PI value of the motor to be checked.
- IR values and HV test on the cable to be performed.
- Check all the tripping and alarm signals from winding and bearing TRDs (through scanner if provided)
- Testing of ht motor protection relay and tripping of the circuit breaker from the relay to be checked.
- Check the phasing of the HT motor cable.
- Check the tightness of the cable connection at the terminal box of a motor and at the panel; ensure correct installation of flat washers/spring/ bimetallic washers.
- Do a complete functional check ( sequence check ) of the ht motor starter panel, with the breaker /contractor in ‘Test’ position,
- Check that all motor auxiliaries ( such as lube oil pump, etc) are operating properly.
HT Motor Solo Run (Uncoupled Run):
- Close and open the breaker/contractor. Verify the direction that direction of rotation of the motor is correct, and that cooling fan blows air into motor
- Close the breaker. Take a reading of winding temperature, bearing temperature and current. Run the motor until bearing temperature reaches a steady value.
- The record also the vibration, and check for any abnormal noise.