Commissioning Procedure for HT capacitor bank and reactor
HT Capacitor Bank
- Do a visual check of the equipment, to check for damage. Ensure that the connection is as per drawing. Visually trace the interconnection between individual capacitors, and verify that they as per the drawing.
- Check the capacitance value of the bank using LRC meter, and compare with the specified value.
- Check IR values.
- IF CT or residual VT (RVT) is provided, it has to be tested as per standard testing procedure.
- A complete test of the panel and relays associated with the capacitor bank is to be done. Relay setting is also to be done as per setting available.
- A time delay is required between a trip of the circuit breaker and its next closure, to allow the capacitor to discharge.The discharge time of the capacitor is usually mentioned on its nameplate.
- check that all connection, including those between capacitor, are tight and are provided with a suitable washer.
- Check that lockout switch (LOC) and DOOR switch, if installed are operational.
- Do a visual check of the equipment, to check for damage. Ensure that the connections are the drawing.
- Check the IR values.
- A complete test of the panel and relays associated with the reactor is to be done.
- Check that all connection, including those between individual capacitor, are tight and are provided with suitable washers.
- Test the Buchholz relay, if provided, and tripping of the breaker from the Buchholz relay.
- Check the reactance value of the reactor, using LRC Meter, and compared with the specified value.